Infographic: What is DLD? (PDF)
Developmental Language Disorder is a problem understanding and/or using language. Share this infographic to help raise awareness for DLD and DLD Awareness Day.
About DLD ADHD Assessments Autism Behavioral problems Causes of DLD Comorbidity Conduct disorder DLD Day-by-Day Dyslexia Emotional problems Environmental Factors For Parents Gender Genetics Labels Language Language development Language Disorder Language modeling Language Therapy Late talkers Multiple disorders Myths Neurodevelopment Reading School Sex SLI Speech Speech chain Testing Toy talk Vocabulary Working memory
American Speech-Language-Hearing Association (ASHA)
- Some subtypes of language disorders
- Useful information about how services are provided in public schools.
American Board of Child Language & Language Disorders
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)
- An overview of various language disorders in children
- SLI is one subtype of DLD. Learn more about SLI.
- The Understood.org website is focused on children with Learning and Attention disorders. Much of the information here will be relevant to families with children with DLD.
- Understanding the Special Education process
- Information for families with children under 5
- Information for families with adolescents about to leave high school
- Information for families struggling with School Discipline or Interacting with the Juvenile Justice System
- Parenting tips aimed at health, safety and education of children of all ages.